Happy New Year!
On the last day of 2016 I was honoured to discover that my blog was the winner of the Legal Culture Award for the 2016 Canadian Law Blog Awards (a.k.a. the Clawbies). The award announcement described my blog as featuring “frank discussions of gender and racial diversity in the legal profession, along with recaps and feedback on legal industry events and the occasional book review. Cowling’s curiosity, candour, and conversational approach make her blog a must-read.” What a nice way to end the year!
I decided to review my blog statistics and find the top 10 most visited posts to date to share with any new readers (starting with the most popular):
1. What are a Lawyer’s Professional Obligations When Leaving a Law Firm?
2. The One Thing I Never Again Want to Hear at an Event for Women Lawyers
3. Yes, I’m a Mother. Now Stop Assuming That’s Why I Left Big Law
4. Supreme Court Releases Important Decision on PIPEDA and Disclosure of Discharge Statements: RBC v. Trang
5. Engaging Men as Agents of Change- Gender at Work
6. Book Review - Leading the Way: Canadian Women in the Law
7. Through the Door and at the Table: Women and Racial Diversity in the Legal Profession
8. I Went to the LSUC's Annual General Meeting...and I Was Not the Only One
9. Book Review - January: A Woman Judge's Season of Disillusion
10. Getting More Women on the Bench
Thanks again to my readers and have a wonderful 2017!
Erin C. Cowling is a freelance litigator, researcher & writer at Cowling Legal Freelance and President and Founder of FLEX LEGAL, a network of freelance lawyers.
(C) 2014-2019 Cowling Legal. All rights reserved.
Please note I only work with other lawyers, law firms and legal departments and do not represent clients of my own.
3080 Yonge Street, Suite 6060
M4N 3N1 (appointment only)